Everyone needs an outlet of some kind. Maybe you like being creative, or active. No matter what you like, lot’s of hobbies do not need a fortune to start.
- Upcycling. Use whatever you have in your house to make something pretty and useful. You could use pop tabs to make a bracelet, or make yarn out of plastic bags or t-shirts and crochet with them.
- Walking. This is an incredible exercise, and it you do not need anything to get started, besides a pair of comfortable shoes and a place to go. If your neighborhood is not safe or walker friendly, look for local parks or schools that have tracks open to the public.
- Finger crochet and knit. These are often recommended for people just starting out in yarn crafts. Chances are you have some yarn around your house somewhere. Youtube has lots of useful tutorials to get started.
- Exploring your town. Almost everyone thinks that their neighborhood has nothing to offer, and they are wrong. No matter where you live, there is likely a part that you have either never been to, or did not look closely at. Take a short drive or walk to a new area and just start looking around.
- Reading. While lots of people like to read, we tend to give it up when we don’t have enough time or energy. Look through your bookshelf for old favorites or books you bought but never read. You can also visit the library, where you can find audiobooks as well.
Having a hobby does not need to cost anything. Enjoy some peaceful time to yourself without hurting your budget. What are your favorite things to do that are also cheap?